Here’s our net worth update as of March 1, 2015. February was an unusual month. For reasons I don’t understand, our spending was about $2,000 below average. Hibernation perhaps?
My stress reduction classes will start in 2 weeks. While I wait for them to begin, I am doing my best to systematically remove stress from my life. I have cut back on coffee, drinking herbal tea and relaxing. A friend gave us an awesome programmable treadmill for free, so I have been walking too. (I know, I know I should probably just walk outside — but it is bloody cold!) While I walk, I wind down with some empowering chill-out music. It’s groovy.
Can I retire yet?
Um, no, but I keep working at it. We continue to look at real estate options and I think we should start getting the house ready to sell. You know, just in case an opportunity comes along.
Part of getting the house ready will involve a major PURGE! We have so much stuff. Where does it come from? I am going to start tracking the things that come into the house so that I can plug the leak.
I know that my parents are responsible for some of it. (Although I am ultimately responsible because I accept it!) Every time they visit they come with an armful and it absorbed into the existing stuff ecosystem. Just this week my mom dropped off about 15 magazines. Funny thing is … a number of them are about how to organize your home. Irony…..?
The purge lead to the realization that I have 100 pairs of underwear. I wrote a big long insightful post about it complete with photos and everything, but decided not to publish it ~ You’re welcome! 🙂
It Was a Very Good Month
*Does not include autos, pension, collections, underwear, education savings, etc.,
You can find my net worth and a gaggle of other bloggers over at the Rock Star Finance Ultimate List.
+ $36,000, how did that happen?
There is an explanation.
- Because of how the pay periods fell, DH received an extra paycheck this month.
- We were reimbursed $1,200 for dental and medical expenses.
- Our spending was lower than usual.
- One of our investments was up over $13 a share this month. We are massively over concentrated in it ~ so a good news story now but we need to reallocate.
- You will notice that some money was moved from serenity fund to retirement savings.
Over the coming months we do have some issues we must address and they will have a negative impact on our savings.
- My car is 8 years old. The check engine light is on and the windshield cracked. There are car repairs in our future.
- Our roof needs to be replaced. One of the joys of homeownership I suppose. If I could find the people who did the original roof, I would hurt them. They did the worst roofing job in history. Our initial quote to replace the roof is over $7,000. Nice.
- The kids need some new clothes. Making do for now but they won’t stop growing.
Well that’s that. Thanks for stopping by and I will leave you with some chill-out music for inspiration. It pretty much sums up how I feel right now. Sounds great blasting from the stereo.
Adiemus, Sounds of Sanctuary on iTunes.